So if you were asked to come up with some new commandments what would you want to add? I mean, does coveting your neighbour’s ass really mean much to your average God-seeker? I’ve just spent an enjoyable hour or so checking out the entries in the competition held by the York Festival of Ideas. School children were asked to consider the relevance of the 10 Commandments and then come up with some for today.
Here are some of my favourites:
- Do not comit animal crulty.
- Regulry do exercise.
- Wear a helmet.
- Renew your license when needed.
- Do not drink and drive.
- Do not discriminate against anyone, whether it is in person or in cyberspace.
- Be happy with your body.
- Honor your mum and dad by bringing them a cup of tea every morning.
- Wear a chearfull smile. 🙂
- Don’t not smoke.
- Don’t harm people physically, mentally or emotionally.
- Recycle more.