The Friday Five over at RevGalBlogPals is all about decluttering this week. As it is so apt for me as I move house yet again (11 times and counting) I thought I’d have a go. Feel free to join in.
1. What things do you like to hang on to? Just about everything. My current double garage contains furniture ready to be passed on to anyone in need. I’ve helped furnish many starter homes with bits and bobs. These will all have to go in the next few weeks. Garden chairs anyone? I also hoard books, books and more books – hate getting rid of them but am getting better at ditching novels I know I won’t read again.
2. What is hard to let go of? Books (the accountant who helps with my tax-return just phoned to check that I really did spend that much money on books last year), home-made cards from family and friends, postcards, photos, religious tat.
3. What is easy to give away? Em… furniture and crockery etc to sons/friends moving into flats.
4. Is there any kind of stumbling block connected with cleaning out? Having been made homeless once and losing a lot of my stuff, I guess I’ve become even more of a hoarder since then. I just hate the thought of throwing something away which still has life in it.
5. What do you like to collect, hoard, or admire? Books (again), posters or prints from interesting places, pens (mostly purple), and perhaps a handbag or two.
Bonus: Tell us about recycling or whatever you can think of that goes along with this muttering about cluttering. I’ve used Freecycle and will do so in the next few weeks to empty said garage. I also recycle books to charity shops, church and Amazon sales. Clothes that no longer fit go to charity shops too regularly.