We couldn’t get an organist for yesterday’s service at St C’s so Jim offered to bring his lap-top in and use it instead. Don’t ask me how he did it, but I think it involved downloading midi-files and then attaching the computer to a big black thing which might have been an amp. He and June even managed to get our mass setting on it which was pretty impressive.
There was only one small problem. Somewhere in the process we lost breathing spaces between verses. (And between some lines in the hymns!) With the result that we all romped through the mass at high speed and red faces and slumped exhausted in between times. I didn’t actually time the service but I reckon we got through it all in 45 minutes.
They’ll be wanting that every week now.